The mounted coffee maker isn’t interesting!!! Of course, it is and there are several reasons which make it more interesting. Under counter coffee maker is similar to the countertop machine but it is made to mount under cabinet.
Both countertop and under-counter have their own advantages and disadvantages I will explain all those one by one in the latter part of this article. This type of coffee maker can be known as a mounted coffee maker or under counter coffee maker or under cabinet coffee maker.
- 1 Why undercounter / under cabinet coffee maker?
- 2 Advantages of under cabinet coffee maker.
- 3 Alternative of under cabinet coffee machine.
- 4 Top 5 under cabinet coffee maker
- 5 FAQ :
Why undercounter / under cabinet coffee maker?
Unlike other coffee makers under cabinet is one of the types of coffee machine and it works similar to other coffee machines. But the main difference is the space you can easily mount this coffee maker and under your cabinet.
It saves lots of space on your kitchen platform and uses the space which is unused so don’t you find it beneficial. Many of us have limited space in our kitchen and have more appliances which lead difficult to manage.
Note: Traditional under counter coffee makers are discontinued by many manufacturers but there are a few which you can still use as under counter. We listed them by reviewing their features.
Advantages of under cabinet coffee maker.
There are tremendous advantages of an under-cabinet over a regular countertop coffee maker for the people who have less or compact space in their kitchen. So let’s see one by one :
- It gets easily mounted under your cabinet so kitchen platform space is still free for you.
- People who don’t have space to place regular coffee machines still have a chance to drink their favorite coffee by buying a mounted coffee maker.
- Unlike regular coffee makers on the under-counter, you have color and design choices so you can choose a coffee maker according to choice and make your kitchen more beautiful.
- One of the best advantages I have observed is that there is very little probability to get damaged as it is mounted below the cabinet. So it is very much separated from any other thing even from us.
- Safe from the child as it is mounted at a particular height where children will not reach easily.
Alternative of under cabinet coffee machine.
Now, people are upgrading their kitchen to look modern and elegant also they are upgrading kitchen appliances as well. If you are not interested in the regular coffee maker and under cabinet coffee maker. Then there is the latest type of built-in coffee maker which completely changes the look of your kitchen.
Why built-in cabinet are alternative of under cabinet coffee maker because both has similarity in terms of saving kitchen space. Both coffee makers are above the kitchen platform but major difference is features. Features of built-in coffee maker are far more advanced than the tradition undercounter machine.
Let see the example of built-in coffee maker :
Top 5 under cabinet coffee maker
There were under cabinet coffee maker but many of them are discontinued by companies. So I have listed few you can still use them as mountable or under cabinet coffee maker. Because these coffee maker has flat back so you can either screw them and fit in the wall or make little flat platform surface and keep coffee maker on them.
1. Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker
Size : 12.9 x 7.95 x 13.9 inches
Weight : 5 pound
This is a lightweight coffee maker from hamilton it has programmable functionality. That means you can get the coffee ready whenever you need it. Just set up the time using the clock that’s it.
- It has a 12-cup coffee-making capacity along with regular strength or bold strength option.
- Programmable clock where you can set time and get fresh coffee in the morning.
- Pause and serve option while pouring coffee.
- If you keep this machine keep on for more than 2-hours then it will be auto shut down. Isn’t this feature interesting!!!
- No need to worry about when to clean this machine you will get notified on the screen then you can put the machine in cleaning mode.
- Hamilton under counter cabinet machine has front water filling option due to this option it’s easy to place it under counter.
2. Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio Coffee Maker
Size : 10.24 x 10.63 x 13.9 inches
Weight : 6.7 pound
This is another model from hamilton which has 3-way brew functionality.It has a 12-cup capacity of brewing coffee from the left spout inside a glass carafe and a single-serve spout on the other or brew a pod from another spout.
- 3 ways to brew a coffee
- You can use single serve pack or coffee ground
- Programmable touch functionality to wake up with a fresh coffee.
- Brew strength customization from mild to bold.
- Travel mug also can be placed on right side under single serve spout.
3. Black & Decker SDC850 SpaceMaker 8-Cup Coffeemaker
Size : 12.6 x 10.3 x 15.5 inches
Weight : 7.4 ounces
This is a pure traditional under cabinet coffee maker by black and decker which has an 8-cup coffee brewing capacity. Also, this coffee maker is well known as spacemaker. This is a coffee maker but it does save a lot of space so spacemaker.
- It comes with a thermal carafe which has 8-cup of capacity.
- Blue back-lit digital clock and coffee can be brewed programmatically.
- It has a removable water reservoir and brew basket.
- Brew delay function.
4. Hamilton Beach 46381 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Size : 10.5 x 9 x 15.5 inches
Weight : 6.48 ounces
This coffee maker is from hamilton and it can be used as under counter because you can easily add water and coffee ground from front side of the machine without moving the machine.
- As you know how difficult and messy to throw waste coffee ground from filter basket but this coffee maker provides a handle to filter basket and make life easy.
- It comes with a 12-cup coffee carafe.
- Has drip-free coffee spout on the carafe.
- Some free filters are given by the company.
- To maximize coffee extraction it has a cone-shaped filter.
This is another coffee maker from Cuisinart which is a programmable 12-cup capacity coffee maker along with a hot water system. All buttons of Cuisinart on the front panel of the coffee maker. From this coffee maker, you not only brew coffee but also prepare soup, cocoa, and hot water-related items.
- It is a coffee maker with 12 cups of brewing capacity as well as a hot water system.
- Set timer when to brew coffee and get fresh coffee on your time.
- This machine has 3-months of warranty.
- It has auto shut and auto-on functionality.
- LED indicator for water ready and add water.
- One-touch cleaning option.
Under cabinet counter is also called as spacemaker, because it is not for placing on kitchen platform like regular coffee maker it needs to be mounted under cabinet.
Answer is simple if you have lots of space in your kitchen then go for countertop else under cabinet will take no space on platform as it is mounted above.